See M. A. Chidambaram Stadium Chennai, Online Tickets, Highlights and Stats. M, A, Chidambaram Stadium is also known as the Chepauk Stadium in Chennai. Chennai Stadium established in 1916 and it’s the one of the oldest cricket ground in India. When it was established, its named as the Madras Cricket Club Ground and becomes the named as the M. A. Chidambaram after the former president of the BCCI.
It’s also the home ground of the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL and the Tamil Nadu Cricket Team. One of the Indian oldest cricket ground and the first test match played on Feb 10, 1934 and the first test of Ranji Trophy was played at the same venue.
One of the biggest victory of India team at their home ground at the same ground against the England team in 1952. After the first test match, Indian played their 2nd test match against the Australian team in 1986 and the resulted as tied.
The first highest score in the ODI Cricket format also hits by the Pakistan team player Saeed Anwar who scored 194 runs in 1997 and the crowd pay the honor to him for his highest score in the history. It was the standing ovation to the Saeed Anwar in the ODI cricket format against India. The Indian crowd at this venue is always pleasure to the cricket players and gives the best crowd in the cricket history.
- A. Chidambaram Stadium Match Details
- Established: 1916
- Location: Chepauk, Chennai
- Capacity: 38,000
- Owner: Tamil Nadu Cricket Association
- Architect: Nataraj & Ventak Architects, Chennai 2009 Renovation
- End Names: Anna Pavilion End, V Pattabhiraman Gate End
- 1st Test Played on 10th February, 1934 between India and England
- Last test match played on 22nd Feb, 2013 between India and Australia
- 1st ODI played on 9 Oct, 1987 between India and Australia
- Last ODI played on 30th Dec, 2012 between India and Pakistan
Online Tickets here